This 48-hour course the student will be trained in basic animal anatomy, proper handling and restraint of animals, assisting Veterinarians with physical examinations of animals, bandaging and dressing wounds, transport, handle, and process specimens, and basic surgical preparation techniques. Veterinary Assistants help the Veterinarians and Veterinary Technicians with treating injuries and illnesses of animals, as well as provide the animals hands-on support and care.
- Complete, submit and agree to terms in the “Class Registration Form” and this Program Bulletin.
- Must be at least 16 years old. If under 18, parents must sign your registration form.
Tuition, Fees and Certification
- $50 – Non-refundable Registration Fee (due at time of admission, transferable one time)
- $800 – Tuition
- $125 – Lab Fee
- $40 – Uniform Fee
- $90 – Textbook (may be purchased at the school)
- $100 – AAH National Certification
Payment Plans / Financial Assistance
Tuition is due before class begins; however, if desired, students may pay 50% of their tuition before beginning class and the remaining balance mid-way through class. There will be a 2% additional charge added to the tuition if using this payment plan. Please contact the admissions office for information on financial assistance.
Textbook & Workbook: Elsevier’s Veterinary Assistant Textbook, 3rd Ed., by Margi Sirois • Elsevier’s Veterinary Assistant Workbook, 3rd Ed., by Margi Sirois