This 48-hour course the student will be trained in basic animal anatomy, proper handling and restraint of animals, assisting Veterinarians with physical examinations of animals, bandaging and dressing wounds, transport, handle, and process specimens, and basic surgical preparation techniques. Veterinary Assistants help the Veterinarians and Veterinary Technicians with treating injuries and illnesses of animals, as well as provide the animals hands-on support and care.
View Campus Class Schedules
- Complete, submit and agree to terms in the “Class Registration Form” and this Program Bulletin.
- If under 18, parents must sign your registration form. (Note: Common hiring age is 18 or older. If hired under the age of 18, job duties may be limited.)
Tuition, Books and Fees
- $50 – Non-refundable Registration Fee (due at time of admission, transferable one time)
- $950 – Tuition
- $175 – Lab Fee
- $145 – Textbook (may be purchased at the school)
- $100 – AAH National Certification (payable to AAH after last day of class)
Payment Plans / Financial Assistance
Tuition is due before class begins. Students desiring a payment plan may pay before class begins a 2% of tuition fee & 50% of their tuition and lab fee; and the remaining balance midway through class. Please contact the admissions office for more information on Payment Plans and financial assistance.
Elsevier’s Veterinary Assistant Textbook, 3rd Ed., by Margi Sirois
Elsevier’s Veterinary Assistant Workbook, 3rd Ed., by Margi Sirois