This 48-hour course prepares the student to perform routine electrocardiograms. These readings assist the physician to diagnose irregularities or changes in a patient’s heart. Students will be trained to recognize normal and abnormal rhythms, document rhythm strips to provide reliable test results for the physician’s interpretation, administer the EKG, and operate the electrocardiograph machine.
Note: Some businesses may not hire individuals under 18 years old and without a High School Diploma/GED equivalency.
- Complete, submit and agree to terms in the “Class Registration Form” and this Program Bulletin.
- Must be at least 17 years old. If under 18, parents must sign the registration form.
Tuition, Fees and Certification
- $50 – Non-refundable Registration Fee (due at time of admission, transferable one time)
- $900 – Tuition
- $65 – Textbook (may be purchased at the school)
- $110 – AAH National Certification
Payment Plans / Financial Assistance
Tuition is due before class begins; however, if desired, students may pay 50% of their tuition before beginning class and the remaining balance mid-way through class. There will be a 2% additional charge added to the tuition if using this payment plan. Please contact the admissions office for information on financial assistance.
Hartman’s Complete Guide for the EKG Technician by Wilma Lynne Clarke, EdD, RN