This 224-hour course (144 hours of class/lab time and 80 hours of externship) trains students in, but not limited to: assisting with examinations, removing sutures, changing sterile dressings, drawing blood samples, and performing EKGs. Medical Assistants are typically seen as the Jack of all Trades in providing basic nursing care. Upon completion of the course students will be prepared to sit for the American Allied Health national exam to become a Registered Medical Assistant.
Note: Students need to be prepared for an externship assignment following their class. This may mean time off from work and/or the need to have a flu shot, criminal background check and a drug screen. It is highly recommended these issues are addressed before your last two weeks of class.
- Complete, submit and agree to terms in the “Class Registration Form” and this Program Bulletin.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have a High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
Tuition, Fees and Certification
- $50 – Non-refundable Registration Fee (due at time of admission, transferable one time)
- $2,900 – Tuition
- $175 – Lab Fee
- $130 – Textbook (may be purchased at the school)
- $40 – Petra Student Uniform
- $110 – AAH National Certification
Payment Plans / Financial Assistance
Tuition is due before class begins; however, if desired, students may pay 50% of their tuition before beginning class and the remaining balance mid-way through class. There will be a 2% additional charge added to the tuition if using this payment plan. Please contact the admissions office for information on financial assistance.
Kinn’s the Clinical Medical Assistant: An Applied Learning Approach, 13th Ed. by Alexandra Patricia Young and Deborah B. Proctor