This 280-hour course (200 hours of classroom/lab time and 80 hours of externship) prepares students to perform chair-side assistance to the dentist using four-handed dentistry technique. Additionally, students will be oriented to dental related anatomy and physiology, lab equipment, and preventative/restorative dentistry. Upon completion of the course students will be equipped to take the exam to become a Registered Dental Assistant with the State of Arkansas. Students will also have the chance to learn and perform Dental Radiography, Coronal Polishing, Administration/Monitoring of Nitrous Oxide in the State of Arkansas.
NOTE: a) Students need to be prepared for an externship assignment following their class. This may mean time off from work and/or the need to have a flu shot, criminal background check and a drug screen. It is highly recommended these issues are addressed before your last two weeks of class. b) Some businesses may not hire individuals under 18 years old and without a High School Diploma/GED equivalency.
View Campus Class Schedules
- Complete, submit and agree to terms in the “Class Registration Form” and this Program Bulletin.
- Must be at least 17 years old. If under 18, parents must sign the registration form.
Tuition, Fees and Certification
- $50 – Non-refundable Registration Fee (due at time of admission, transferable one time)
- $2,900 – Tuition
- $250 – Lab Fee
- $165 – Textbook (may be purchased at the school)
- $40 – Petra Student Uniform
• $50 – CPR Certification for an HCP Card
• $140 – Fees for Nitrous, Coronal Polishing, & Radiology Exam
• $75 – State Registration Fees
Payment Plans / Financial Assistance
Tuition is due before class begins; however, if desired, students may pay 50% of their tuition before beginning class and the remaining balance mid-way through class. There will be a 2% additional charge added to the tuition if using this payment plan. Please contact the admissions office for information on financial assistance.
Essentials of Dental Assisting 7th Ed., Testbook & Textbook & Workbook with Dental Instrument, a Pocket Guide, by Debbie S. Robinson and Doni L. Bird