This 90-hour course (74 hours of classroom/lab time and 16 hours of clinicals) provides the required training by the State of Arkansas for state certification of nursing assistants. Students are prepared to work as a CNA, and are trained in basic nursing assistant procedures including, but not limited to: infection prevention and control, residents’ rights, transferring and positioning techniques, and obtaining vital signs.
View Campus Class Schedules
- At the first day of class: complete, submit and agree to terms in the “Class Registration Form” and this Program Bulletin.
- Must be at least 16 years old. If under the age of 18, parents must sign the registration form.
- Cannot have a disqualifying criminal record (more info available at the school).
- $480 – Tuition
Certification Fees: To be certified, Nursing Assistant students will need to take a written test and a clinical skills exam administered by the State of Arkansas. That fee ($125 or $135 if an oral written is requested) is waived by the State if you are employed by a nursing home. During clinicals the students are required to wear black scrubs with a student name tag.
Payment Plans / Financial Assistance
Tuition is due by the third day of class; however, students may finance their education by obtaining a nursing home sponsorship or using Petra’s payment plan. Most nursing homes are willing to pay for the tuition of students that they hire through the sponsorship program (see below for more info).
Students desiring a payment plan may pay 50% of their tuition and a 2% fee on the first day of class, and the remaining half of tuition before the third week of class. Please contact the admissions office for more information on financial assistance.
Get Sponsored! CNAs are in large demand throughout Arkansas, and because of this most nursing homes are willing to pay for the tuition of students that they hire. It’s an easy 3 step process:
- Ask your potential employer if they will sponsor your CNA training through Petra.
- If sponsored, bring your letter of intent (provided by the employer) during the first week of class ((by it, the $125 ($135 if oral exam is requested) testing fee will be waived by the State for those sponsored by a Long Term Care Facility/nursing home!)).
- Begin class and begin working. Students will be eligible to begin working after the first few days of class. NOTE: Employed students are only able to perform skills that have been satisfactorily performed under supervision of the instructor and marked as complete on the Task Performance Record.