A Limited Licensed Radiologic Technologist’s primary duty is to perform diagnostic x-rays of the chest, hand, wrist, forearm, elbow, knee, foot or ankle under supervision of physician. With many hospitals and clinics seeking individuals who can perform multiple roles, having your Limited License is a very valuable skill set to accompany your Medical Assistant certification.
Upon completion of this 108-hour course (84 hours class/lab time and 24 hours of externship) students will be equipped to take the exams to become a Limited Licensed Technologist with the State of Arkansas.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Prerequisite: Completed a course in Medical Assisting, Phlebotomy, or equivalent.
|Non-Refundable (transferable one time), Registration Fee||$50.00|
|Textbook (may be purchased at the school)||$110.00|
|Arkansas Temporary License Fee||$65.00|
|Arkansas Limited Scope Exam Fee||$125.00|
|AAH National Certification (recommended, but not mandatory)||$110.00|
- Explain process and position patient for x-ray; adjusting restriction devices; moving and adjusting equipment
to set exposure factors.
- Determine patients’ x-ray needs by reading instructions from physician.
- Perform diagnostic x-rays of the chest, hand, wrist, forearm, elbow, knee, foot or ankle under supervision of physician.
- Use beam-restrictive devices and patient-shielding techniques to minimize radiation exposure to patient and staff.
- Process exposed radiographs using film processors or computer generated methods.
Where Can I Work?
- Physician Offices
- Community Clinics
- Diagnostic Laboratories